Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What the Doctor Ordured

A new word for your new(ish) year.
ordured (or-DURED) — adjective: covered, spattered or filled with dung.

[Source: Depraved and Insulting English, courtesy of Hannah]
The internet doesn't seem to vouch for its existence, especially, but I'm rooting for it. Spread it around! The word, I mean.]


  1. I would rather the word didn't mean either covered in or filled with. That confusion could end badly.

  2. Try searching for the word "ordure," a noun meaning filth; I've never heard the adjectival form, but rock on - I'll use it!

    Now I just need a reason to use it . . . watch out for open windows, Drew.