Dyan is the beautiful blonde you see freaking the fuck out at around the forty-second mark. Bonus points: The Last of Sheila was written by Anthony Perkins and Stephen Sondheim, who, unless I’m mistaken, were boning at the time, so I suppose it’s impressive that they finished the script.
However, had I watched the following scene from a different Dyan Cannon film, the inexplicably titled Child Under a Leaf, all of my questions would have been about it. Please watch this 2:25 clip, which also features Dyan playing a blonde who’s freaking the fuck out. From now on, it shall be what I show people if they ever ask me what in media res means.
Questions I’d ask Dyan:
- Why did you want the baby so badly?
- Were you trying to rescue your baby or kidnap the weird man’s baby?
- Wait, do any of these characters know each other at all? Who is kidnapping whom?
- Is the baby kidnapping the adults?
- Yeah, but maybe is it? Secretly?
- Was your character really named “Domino”? Did someone really think that was an okay name for a person to have?
- Can you tell me who did the music? Because it’s awesome and I want it to be my ringtone.
- Do you think the baby realized how much cuter it looked when it wasn’t crying and that’s why it’s suddenly all pleasant-looking at the end?
- And finally, who the hell OKed the poster?