(I have issues with Zooey Deschanel.)
But in my little post on Dennis “The Beeper King” Duffy and the guy from Burn Notice, a commenter noted that my tendency to spot famous lookalikes wasn’t strange because she feels that Deschanel looks like Katy Perry. I totally agree. More than once, I’ve had to stop and make sure I was looking at the actress who can also sing (Deschanel) and not the marginal singer who can marginally act (Perry). And that’s not all. Here, then, I’d like to present Zooey Deschanel and the six women that I’d like to think she had surgically altered, should some various world government, fearing her power, decided to take her out.
Here you go:
I’m not saying all of these women look alike, but I am saying that they all exist along the Zooey Deschanel continuum of light skin, dark hair and bright eyes. Any one of them could play another in a biopic (except Perry b/c is awful), and for each I’ve had done a double-take at least once.
And before I open up the floor to public opinion, a question: Why isn’t Anna Friel more famous?
People I think look alike (regardless of what you think):
- Dennis Duffy and the guy from Burn Notice
- Ben from Parks & Rec and Lincoln from Fringe
- The blonde from Law & Order: SVU and Prime Suspect-era Maria Bello
- Sofia Vergara, Cheryl Hines and Berenice Bejo
- Charles Laughton and Garfield the cat
- Dean Pelton and the dad from Allen Gregory
- Who wore it better?