- The legend of Fourth of July Eve
- What the hell is with all the masks in Super Mario Bros. 2?
- Well, it wasn't called The Cherie Johnson Show...
- The Bill Murray-Lorenzo Music connection.
- There exists a dumpster in Santa Barbara through which Jesus talks to me.
- Roller derby names that miss the mark.
- The pop music of the mid-80s could be more blatantly (and tactlessly) sexual than I would have guess. Also, it totally sucked.
- Weird music trivia: Tommy Tutone is not the only band to write a song about a phone number, Debbie Harry was a trailblazing rapper, Scissor Sisters sound like Mega Man, and The Coral sounds like The Supremes.
- Facebook is confusing — twice, in fact.
- Movie reviews: Inception and Uzumaki.
- Strange and wonderful words: folderol and deuteragonist.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
The best of July 2010, according to Back of the Cereal Box: