A neat little Easter egg for long-time Nintendoites that also reminded me of an additional less-than-obvious musical reference in Brawl. A post over at Cruise Elroy discusses in great detail how the the Ocarina of Time medley, which plays on Brawl’s Zedla-themed stages, seamlessly blends in snippets from the various songs that Link has to play throughout the game. They’re nearly impossible to hear until someone points them out, but they’re there. Neat stuff.
Previous posts involving stuff taken from the cloudbush thread:
- Toad has been flipping us the bird for more than 20 years
- Those aren’t equals signs in the Golden Axe intro
- It sure seems like Sega ripped of the singer from Deee-Lite with Space Channel 5
- Some similarities between Deep Purple’s “April” and music from Legend of Zelda
- A brief smattering of odd sexiness hidden in early video games
- The clouds in Super Mario Bros. are actually just re-colored bushes