- Searching for someone named Severine, but also possibly searching for someone who may not be named Severine.
- Jesus! It a fire!
- Confronting Jesus in the Santa Barbara hills.
- How the Jesusita Fire and El Pollo Loco helped me to realize the power of Twitter.
- On sinople — a word you will never need to know but is nonetheless worth knowing.
- The Creed Bratton from The Office happens to be the same Creed Bratton from 60s rock group The Grass Roots.
- Porfirio Rubirosa both lived up to and overcame the meaning of his name.
- Two animals you should want: the slow loris and the jerboa.
- The season finale of Saturday Night Live brings back Glenda Goodwin. I become a happier person overall.
- Two posts about Hollister: one offering a representative and yet non-representative story about the people who live there and the other noting how it almost was named something other than what we call it today.
- “The password is vibrator.”
- A whole lot about The Brothers Bloom that did not make it into my review of the film.
- How I unclog a drain.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
The best of May 2009, or at least the infinitesimal portion of it that appeared on this blog: